Have You Met Andrea?
- How long have you been a member of Nela Athletics?
Started at the original CrossFit Merge in December 2014, then became apart of the NELA family in March 2015.
- What’s your favorite CrossFit/Ignite achievement?
There are plenty of benchmark achievements that are big wins for me, but coming back from two back-to-back injuries (shoulder and back) was one of the hardest things I’ve done thus far. I’m happy to be past that hump as it’s forced me to pay closer attention to my own patience, commitment, technique, form and mobility.
- What are three benefits that you have experienced through working out?
Three benefits I’ve identified as important and key in my fitness experience have been finding intention in my workouts, practicing SMART goals, and working on my relationships with others in the community around me.
- How has your life changed from when your first started to now.
Investing in my own wellness and fitness has been forever changing. I’ve seen incredible changes in my body composition, physical and mental performance, confidence in and out of the gym/box, and I’ve learned to face problems (personal, mental and physical challenges) head on. There’s still so much more I would like to improve, and I can’t wait to see what else comes my way.
- Have you had any physical changes that you noticed?
I’ve seen my body transform in all ways, shapes and forms. It’s amazing to look back and think of my initial muscle gain, to building my strength and change in my body composition when I wasn’t paying attention to my nutrition, and finally to where I’m at now where I’ve married both my dedication to strength training and muscle gain. The human body is a marvelous thing.
- What is your favorite part of the NELA Athletics experience?
Aside from the wonderful and supportive community at NELA Athletics, I greatly appreciate having a space where I can zone out and unplug from the world. Being placed in a literal box of a gym to push yourself physically and mentally has led me to believe I also have quite the spiritual experience in the gym. I’m either facing a mental fear, fighting to keep my breath going, or honing in a goal. A lot of my experience at NELA is mentally stimulating and I love it.
- What are some hobbies or activities you are into besides CrossFit
I thoroughly love going to the Disney Parks, watching sci-fi/thriller/drama shows with my husband, watching Disney/Marvel/Star Wars anything, chatting and having coffee with my family, and the occasional show.
- The zombie apocalypse is coming, who are three people you want on your team?
Well, that one’s just obvious….
- If you could be in any movie, what would it be and what character would you play?
Captain Marvel and I’d be her other best friend. I’d need to have superpowers though.