Alicia has been committed all year! She has been consistent on the zoom workouts and was dedicated to the Wellness Challenge. She has put forth a winning attitude and we are so proud of her!
Have You Met Alicia?
- How long have you been a member of Nela Athletics?
I’ve been a member since November 2014… almost 6 years!
- What is your favorite fitness achievement?
My favorite fitness achievement was running the LA Marathon in 2014, even though I had to walk/slowly run the last 6.2 miles. I wish I would have joined NELA Athletics when I was training, definitely would have helped my recovery.
- What are three benefits that you have experienced through working out?
I feel better mentally when I work out, it helps me reduce stress and I tend to sleep better. If I go a few days without working out I tend to feel lethargic.
- Have you had any physical changes that you noticed?
I’m definitely more toned than when I would work out at the big gyms. And after participating in a few nutrition challenges in 2018 I lost about 25 pounds and was the thinnest I’d ever been, definitely had to buy a lot of new clothes… unfortunately I’ve gained a good amount of that weight back.
- What is your favorite part of the NELA Athletics experience?
Do I have to limit this to one? The community, the coaches and knowing that if I just show up I’ll get a good workout.
I also have to say that during this pandemic I was very grateful that NELA Athletics offered Zoom classes for free to members, like me, who had to place their membership on hold due to unemployment.
- What are some hobbies or activities that you enjoy besides working out?
- What is the most interesting thing about you or the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
I like to travel and I had the opportunity to see a good amount of the country while tour managing a band.
- What is your motto/ words that you live by or try to remind yourself of everyday?
Lately it’s been “This too shall pass”… It’s been tough being unemployed since the start of this pandemic and like everyone else I miss doing all the things I used to do before. Grateful that NELA Athletics is still here during these times.
- What is something that you’ve always wanted to do or somewhere you’ve always wanted to go?
I love to travel so there is many places I want to see, but at the top of the list would be taking my mom to see Niagara Falls.