Have you met Jennifer and Brendan?
- How long have you been a member of Nela Athletics?
One year and one month strong!
- What is your favorite fitness achievement?
Transitioning from kettlebells/dumbbells and learning barbell technique.
- What are three benefits that you have experienced through working out?
More energy, great way to reduce stress after a long day, feeling of accomplishment.
- Have you had any physical changes that you noticed? (Example: Loss of body weight if so how many pounds, gained muscle mass if so how many pounds, had to buy new clothing.)
Arms and legs have become more toned. Also, been able to slowly increase weight overtime.
- What motivates you in the gym and outside of the gym?
In the gym, my partner, my coach and our group motivate us to keep going. When I see other members going hard and I begin to struggle, their energy motivates us to keep going.
Outside the gym, our motivation stems from the desire to have a healthy, energetic lifestyle.
- What is your favorite part of the Nela Athletics experience?
The community has always been so open and friendly since the moment we joined. All the coaches and members have provided help/motivation in one form or another. We feel that we would not get that same experience anywhere else.
- What do you love the most about working out with your partner?
My partner and I literally do everything together. We live together and work together. Working out together is just one more aspect of our lives where we push each other to do our best and improve our overall health.
- What are some hobbies or activities that you enjoy besides working out?
Brendan enjoys playing ice hockey on 2 teams, while Jen enjoys going on hikes. Most of all we both enjoy travelling together, 24 countries and counting.
- What is the most interesting thing about you or the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
Jen – Hiking to the top of the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain in the Andes at an altitude of 17,000 feet.
Brendan – Lead Singer in a hardcore/punk band in Philadelphia for 2 years.
- What is your motto/ words that you live by or try to remind yourself of everyday?
Brendan – Eyes to the sky but with both feet on the ground
Jen – Podran cortar todas las flores, pero no podran detener la primavera – Pablo Neruda
- What is something that you’ve always wanted to do or somewhere you’ve always wanted to go?
Brendan – Visit the pyramids of Giza, Egypt.
Jen – Go great white shark cage diving – one day, catch me on shark week.