Michelle has been a member with us for over 5 years. Always ready with a smile and words of encouragement for everyone around her.
- How long have you been doing CrossFit?
Over 5 years now.
- How do you think you have benefited most from NELA Athletics?
I have lost over 30 pounds since I have started, but most of the weight has come off in the last year after two nutrition challenges under my belt. I have learned so much about what works for me nutritionally and have been able to keep the weight off.
- What’s your favorite CrossFit/Ignite achivement?
I could barely run 200 meters when I first started and recently I completed a mile without stopping, which I haven’t been able to do since high school!
- How has your life changed from when your first started to now. Can be physically, mentally, emotionally.
NELA Crossfit has saved my life. The first two weeks of Crossfit (when we did Build-up) I came home and cried after every workout. It was the hardest I had ever worked physically and mentally, but yet I kept coming back. I kept coming back because those double-unders weren’t going to get the best of me, or the cleans, or the running. It’s what has kept me coming back all of these years. Most importantly though, I have a sense of confidence I have never really had before and it’s been a sort of awakening for me.
- If you could pick three famous people to be a part of your entourage, who would you pick?
David Chang, John Lennon, and America Ferrera.
- What is the craziest thing on your bucket list?
Race car driver for a day!