Patty has made great improvement by stepping out of her comfort zone and challenging herself with going faster, heavier and seeking advice from her coaches.
- How long have you been doing crossfit?
I have been doing Crossfit for a little over 2 years now. I started with Ignite for about 6 months before I transitioned to CrossFit.
- How do you think you have benefited most from NELA Athletics?
Definitely self-confidence inside and outside of the box. Working out at 5:30 in the morning gives me the boost I need for long days at the office. I have also gained a community of athletes who push me every single morning to be better, and I will forever be grateful to them.
- What’s your favorite CrossFit/Ignite achievement?
Participating and completing the running challenge back in July. Again, I was fortunate to have the 5:30am athletes, Tina in particular, push me to get up and run every single morning.
- How has your life changed from when your first started to now. Can be physically, mentally, emotionally.
When I reflect on how much my life has changed since joining Nela, it is credible to see how being part of the community has impacted all areas of my life. I have gained mobility, stamina, and a mental toughness that has facilitated a smooth transition to a new job with greater responsibilities. When I get up to do Karen and push through that WOD, I know I can tackle whatever comes my way at work because it can’t possibly be harder than doing 150 wall balls. I have also learned so much about nutrition from the coaches and fellow athletes.
- If you could pick 3 famous people to be a part of your entourage whom would you pick?
Lucille Ball, Oprah, and Madonna for their business & finance acumen.
- Whats is the craziest thing on your bucket list?
Honestly, I don’t have a bucket list, but maybe that is something I’ll work on.