Have you met Michelle?
- How long have you been a member of Nela Athletics?
- What’s your favorite CrossFit/Ignite achievement?
Slowly getting over my fear of lifting heavy. I just got my PR of 88 lbs for my clean. I was so surprised since I couldn’t do 73 lbs during the open this year!
- How do you think you have benefited most from Nela Athletics?
Finding my balance. I feel as a teacher and now coordinator, my days can get really busy and often sleep and good eating habits are the first to start going. Having a gym close by- that I look forward to going to, helps me to keep those things in order. I feel I have been doing a much better job with getting my sleep and eating healthy so I get to see more of my results
- How has your life changed from when your first started to now. Can be physically, mentally, emotionally.
This past year was tough with bell palsy, a death of a student, and home/family issues. Mentally, NELA has been my saving grace- I can come in a just focus on myself for an hour. I can be around people who are supportive and not stress about life. The workouts and coaches like Paul and D.Lee have really helped me when I’ve been down, get me into a more positive mindset when I really needed it.
- What are your hobbies or activities you do enjoy outside of CrossFit?
I love to paint! I also love to play soccer. I play in a co-ed league on Sundays with my brother and some friends- super fun!
- What is one thing people don’t know about you?
I was a synchronized swimmer for 10 years and coached it for 2
- If you could pick three famous people to be a part of your entourage, who would you pick?
Gina Rodriguez, Jessie J and JLO