Have you met Danny?
- How long have you been a member of Nela Athletics?
4 1/2 years
- What’s your favorite CrossFit/Ignite achievement?
Physically, probably pull-ups. I worked on them daily for months.
- How do you think you have benefited most from Nela Athletics?
The fitness gains have been tremendous – I can do things now that I couldn’t in high school. But it has to be the people. I’ve also been able to formulate for myself what I call the “Three Rules of Crossfit.” To wit: 1.) have fun with your friends; 2.) Do your absolute best; and 3.) try not to sh*t yourself. Also, hassle the coaches whenever possible.
- How has your life changed from when your first started to now. Can be physically, mentally, emotionally.
Physically, I dropped a ton of weight (almost but not quite literally) – mentally, I think I’ve gotten a lot tougher. Shortly after I started, coach MJ came up to me after a brutal workout and said, “you give up too easily.” I was pissed but I thought about it and realized he was right. My mental game is much stronger now. But again, it has to be the people. It’s like an extended family.
- What are your hobbies or activities you do enjoy outside of CrossFit?
Well. I don’t want to brag.
- What is one thing people don’t know about you?
I make all my own furniture. My six year old thinks I have, and I quote, “an annoying sense of humor.”
- If you could pick three famous people to be a part of your entourage, who would you pick?
My entourage? So you mean my posse? Assuming that if I pick a dead person, they come back to life (otherwise, I would go for live people for practical reasons) – I would say: Robin Williams and Genghis Kahn (I think the two of them would engage in hilarious banter) and Barack Obama. I think Williams, Khan, and Obama would make a great team. Diverse and inspirational. We would definitely get shit done.