May 16 at 1pm here at NELA Athletics, Coach Jahi will be hosting a Muscle Up Clinic.
Before getting into the Muscle Up, you must meet some qualifications:
- Close to getting a muscle up or got one or two before.
- 10 unbroken chest to bar pull ups comfortably.
- No current shoulder injuries.
Things to expect:
- Understanding of body control and body shapes
- Muscle groups needed for Muscle Ups
- Progressional drills for bar and ring Muscle Ups
- Going for a full muscle up
Flow of the clinic will start with being on the floor learning how to control the body, moving into low rings and low bar for some drills on body positioning and what you should feel at the bottom and on top of the muscle up. Moving on to the next step in the progression, working on the raised bar and rings, still working on drills of body shape in your kip and then the pull finishing on on top of the muscle up. Lastly going for the full muscle up and being gymnasty!