1. How long have you been a member of NELA Athletics?
2. What is your favorite fitness achievement?
Improving my upper body strength! It was never a main focus of mine as I would always choose to go on a run instead of doing push ups for fun. Now I don’t have that choice in NELA classes and that’s a good thing because I still hate pushups and someone has got to make me do them.
3. What are three benefits that you have experienced through working out?
More muscle tone, More energy and a sense of accomplishment!
4. Have you had any physical changes that you noticed?
Significant muscle definition in my arms and back. Overall muscle tone has improved as well.
5. What motivates you in the gym and outside of the gym?
I love feeling energetic and a sense of accomplishment. Regular exercise keeps my breathing clear and energy up. I also surprise myself sometimes and say “ Did I really just do all of that?”, after completing a tough workout and after every mashup class! A sense of pride in myself motivates me and increases my happiness!
6. What is your favorite part of the NELA Athletics experience?
The people and coaches make every class one of a kind. After working all day from home, knowing that I get to safely hang out with people, laugh and challenge myself really makes that hour one of the best in the day.
7. What are some hobbies or activities that you enjoy besides working out?
Well, before NELA, I would regularly go on runs and ran the LA half marathon the first time right before the Pandemic hit. I ran for charity and raised money for Kitten Rescue LA. NELA classes have taken the place of my running dates, but I still enjoy running around our neighborhood and have been working on incorporating them into my routine again. I enjoy baking, camping and have two adorable cats that I am pretty obsessed with.
8. What is the most interesting thing about you or the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
I completed a Spartan Race back in 2019 and I am still astonished I was able to complete it.
9. What is your motto/ words that you live by or try to remind yourself of everyday?
I don’t have a motto but it’s important to me to always speak up when something isn’t right. I would definitely be that person on the show “what would you do” that says something when not many want to.
10. What is something that you’ve always wanted to do or somewhere you’ve always wanted to go?
Volunteering for a political campaign is something I wish I would have done this past election season and I would like to do so in the future for someone I believe in. Running a full marathon is on the list as well. I have a long list of places I would love to visit – Spain, the Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu and Iceland to name a few!